Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Life's A Quest - not a Journey

What's life all about? Why do we face difficult trials, insurmoutable odds, financial struggles, and oh by the way temptations? Hey, life can be tough sometimes. I do my best to walk in the footprints of Jesus, but I find myself woefully inadequate. I find myself failing, missing the mark, and sinning. Only one man has walked the perfect walk - Jesus.
I always find it amazing how they beat and crucified the only person who walked this life doing good to all, healing the sick, feeding the hungry, and walking in a deep love for His fellow man. He did so much for us, that for the joy set before Him, He endured the cross. Amazing love! Truly amazing.
So what is this quest all about? It will determine where we will spend eternity. Will we spend it with the giver of life, the lover of our souls or will we be cast into the Lake of Fire that was created for satan and the fallen angels.
Some people don't want to hear about the Lake of Fire. They want a self-serving, self-centered life with little difficulties. The Bible tells us differently. We are to serve our fellow man, submit to them, and then turn the other cheek when wrong us. That's a tall order. That Sermon on the Mount isn't easy. It takes a selfless person to live that lifestyle 24/7. But that's what Jesus did. That's why He went up into the mountains to pray at night. He needed the Almighty's strength to walk the talk.
Often I miss the mark. Temptation ensnares me, but praise God, He is faithful. He is full of mercy. He picks me up each morning and fills me with His joy. Sometimes my life is a shambles, but God restores my soul. His mercies are new every morning, new every morning - Great is His faithfulness.
What brings me back to Him? It's His kindness. He loves you and me. This God we serve can't help it. He loves us so much that He sent His only Son to die for my sins. Do you want to live this life to the fullness - practice kindness to your family, your friends, and your enemies. Then your journey through life will become a quest and you will be changed for all eternity! 

No comments:

Post a Comment