Thursday, October 21, 2010

Extraordinary works - A spirit warrior's lifestyle

"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works I do, he will do also and greater works than thesehe will do because I go to the Father." (John 14:12)
It stuck me as while I was watching a filmed musical about Moses and the Ten Commandments. The play was excellently produced and filmed. Having written, directed, and produced over a 100 stage plays, I was never able to capture the beauty of the play on film. It always seem to fall flat. But my family and I were watching, what had to be a Broadway production done with an excellent film crew. So I was intrigued by it. The costumes and sets were excellent and quite creative. So I was captivated by it.
The play started with Moses as a baby being taken in as a baby and then growing up as the Pharoah's son and brother to the future Pharoah of Egypt. Somehow I had missed that. I hadn't realized that Moses and the Paraoah's son were raised as brothers and that would be who he would go up against later in life to let his people go.
But Moses was stripped of his worldly power and God appeared to him in a burning bush. He tells Moses who is a humble man and he stutters, to go back to Egypt and demand that Pharoah release the Jewish slaves.
That's an impossible task! Think about it. Egypt is the mightest kingdom on the face of the earth. The pharoah is considered god.  What has Moses to offer in exchange for the Jews? What has Moses to use as a means of forcing Pharoah's hand?  Nothing!!!
Don't miss that spirit warrior. God will empower us and equip us, if we will move forward for His kingdom.
So what is the real clue to all this?
If you want to do something great, something that you don't have the means to do. Pray. Spend time with the Creator. Ask Him what He wants you to do for Him. Now here's where it gets tricky. Many of us only use our natural minds to see a spiritual project to the finish. We don't rely on Him. We think, if we have the resources, then we can do it. Spirit warrior you must remember, that we serve a Great God. He will direct our path to true greatness that will be beyond what we can think or imagine.
Two of the greatest projects I've done for the Lord, I had to step out in faith and move forward. In the natural, I shouldn't have been able to do either of them. It was a scary time. I didn't have the resources, but I was listening to the Lord as He was directing my path. He was working on my behalf. He was causing people to help me.
Now I'm writing a new book and I purpose to spend time in prayer with Him, He is directing the chapters. I was stuck today and I asked Him what I should write next. I begin praying for someone else, my pastor, and the Lord began to fill my mind with two more chapters of what to write. Now its up to me, to obey and to keep praying. The Great Holy Spirit is directing the path of this book, just like He directed the "Evening of Prayer for Ramona."
In that event, the Lord directed me to call the town of Ramona together. I had to step out from my church, because God was causing the Body of Christ to come together to pray.
Spirit warrior if you want to do Greater things than Jesus, you must go to the Father in prayer and have the Great Holy Spirit direct you path. You will succeed, because it will be the Lord doing the work as you co-labor with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment