Monday, October 25, 2010

Spirit warriors Live in the Vine.

"I am the true vine and my Father is the Vinedresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit, He takes away, and every branch that bears fruit, He prunes that it may bear more fruit. You are already clean because of the Word which I have spoken."
(John 15:1,2)
How powerful the Word of God truly is. We are cleaned by the reading of God's Word. That's why the enemy will try and get our minds wandering while we read. Did you ever notice that. Often times, my mind will have glossed over six or seven verses as thoughts of other things have filled my brain. My mind can only receive signals from one source at a time. That's why thoughts about other things will enter. I catch myself and reread those verses.
Spirit warrior there is a war out there for your mind. Did you ever notice how your mind can wander while reading the Word. The enemy lurks about. He'll use coming attractions seeking to entice us, to lure us from God's presence. He'll try and keep us from attending church because of the Word. The Word is life to our lives.
If we are abiding in the vine, our Protector, Our Savior will shield us from the attacks of the enemy. He's there at every step of our lives, interceding for us, encouraging us, showing His kindness.
There is a warning in John, if we don't abide in Him and His Word. "If anyone does not abide in Me, He is thrown away as a branch and dries up and they gather them up and cast them into the fire and they are burned." (John 15:6)
We can't live without the water of the Word. It cleanses us and refreshes us with the kindness of the Lord. What a good God we serve! What a loving God we serve. He is faithful and true and never leaves us. His lovingkindness is new every morning and His presence makes our joy full. Drink of fruit of the vine - the Word of God and your life will become more fruitful than you could ever imagine. I praise God for His faithfulness and His abundance in my life. He has blessed me beyond what I deserve. He has blessed me because of His great love for me and He wants to bless you as well. Abide in the vine and receive His blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment