Monday, November 22, 2010

Jesus Christ - Our warrior King

When I was younger, I turned the other cheek alot. I tried to avoid conflict and whenever I engaged, I usually ended up in the swamp calling people names or slandering them.
Since I've gotten older, I've engaged in more conflict. There are times when you have to say what's right and what's wrong. There are times when you have to stand up for the truth. However there are other times when turning the other cheek is the only way. The difference, I've seen, is when it affects someone else, you need to stand up and fight. When it's about you and won't amount to much, let it go. Let the Divine Warrior King take up your fight. Pray for those who persecute you.
"Contend, O Lord, with those who contend with me; Fight against those who fight against me. Take hold of buckler and shield and rise up for my help. Draw also the spear and the battleaxe to meet those who pursue me." (Psalms 35:1-3)
This great battle we've entered by accepting Jesus as our Lord and Savior doesn't come without reinforcements. Jesus, Himself, will take up the battle for our cause, but our greatest battle isn't the world out there, but our flesh. Our flesh will cause us to miss the mark in many ways. Our emotions, our lusts, out selfishness is what will cause us to miss the mark. But in the real battle, when we are pursued for doing good, Jesus Himself will take up His invincible weapons to defeat the enemy.
Determine where the real battle is taking place. Is it in the spirit realm or the flesh realm? In the spirit, the battle is the Lord's. In the flesh, we have to temper our emotions.
How do we win that battle? Reading the Word and being washed in it, praying every day and fasting will center our lives on the Lord. Ultimately our prayers filled with the Word of God and our faith become our weapons of righteousness. With humble spirits, we pray for the Warrior King to deliver us from our enemies and in the process bless them who are fighting against us.
Is this impossible? You bet it is! Only with the Lord can we achieve the greatness of God in our lives, just as His Son did when He walked the face of this world and was crucified for doing good. Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment