Monday, November 1, 2010

To enjoy the journey, spirit warrior, follow the vision in your heart.

Today is an extraordinary day. I'm submitting a proposal for my new book, OPERATION BLACKBEARD and the first 57 pages. One month ago, this book didn't exist. Now its a robust entity taken out of nothing. But it is God's creation, not mine, and may He receive the glory for His leading in my life.
It is a book God has given me to write and He is directing it. Many times through the first 56 pages God has brought me help through people, to write the book that He wants. It is amazing. Before I write, I sit and read the Bible. I want to be in communion with Him before I begin. The first time He inspired my heart, he gave me the first 6 chapters, but then he sent me reports from Africa, people who had books I should read and ideas for my characters.
I'm a finisher and want to complete the work, so the journey isn't always joyfull for me. But this has been very different and I feel the Holy Spirit inspiring me inspite of life's problems. More importantly and because of His presence, I feel confident and I'm enjoying the journey for probably the first time in my life.
When I put on stage plays, it was always hard, and the payoff was a large crowd and a great performance by the cast. But I didn't enjoy the journey. It was tough and risky and cost time and money.
Now I will wait for 6-8 weeks for an answer. Normally this would be a tough time, but I've got other work to do editing COLORS OF THE NIGHT.
God has orchastrated this sequence of events, so that I can succeed. God is in charge of our lives and He's bringing all things together for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose.
So don't despair when the goings get tough. God is at work in you, spirit warrior. He is molding and crafting you. I can see it in my life and I'm most thankful to Him for the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment