Friday, September 24, 2010

Listening to The Holy Spirit - A must for continued success as a Spirit Warrior

When Jesus went up to the mountains to pray, the Holy Spirit showed Him the Father's plans. Now some of the plans He will show us, seem very tough. We wrestle with them, but obedience is the hightest form of praise. It's better than sacrifice. The Evening of Prayer for Ramona was shown to me while I was praying to the Lord. The Holy Spirit showed me that I was to call the town of Ramona together to pray.
I wrestled with that. I knew I had to see my pastor and explain how I was to go into the community, leaving my church behind, if this event was going to cut across church demoninations and appeal to the hearts of all believers in Christ Jesus. That was tough. Because of pastor's schedule, I had to wait 3 1/2 weeks to explain the vision. It gave the devil plenty of time to sow doubt in my mind.
But I know the voice of the Holy Spirit and I was going forward. My pastor gave the blessing and I proceeded forward. A church wanted me to come and speak, but I had to be in my church on Sunday. Again, conflict, but the Holy Spirit spoke to my heart and said, "Don't worry about it." So I did not accept the invitation to explain the vision. Guess what. The Evening of Prayer was a huge success.
We muct follow the Holy Spirit's guidance to be successful. Sometimes that's not easy. Sometimes we disagree, but He will steer us clear of pitfalls and traps that the devil is setting up for us. Without the voice of the Holy Spirit in our lives, we won't achieve all that God has for us. God is going to send us on paths that are illogical. Too often our logical minds get in the way, but if we are faithful to Him, He will guide us.
Sometimes what God wants us to do, stretches us and we don't understand it, but I can assure you that in the end, we will be better because of His leading. It's not without pain at times, but it is in the furnace that God will refine us.
Everyday we should ask for the Holy Spirit's direction and be obedient to carry out His commands. Do I always succeed? No. I fail. I sin. I miss the mark, but it is the lovingkindness of the Holy Spirit that brings me to repentence and then He lifts me up and says, "Go on son. You can do it. All is forgiven."
I sure wish more people were like the Holy Spirit. Most of the time if we fail, that's it we're fired. If we differ with them, we are cast out of their lives. But that's not how God operates. He doesn't mind if we wrestle with Him. Jacob wrestled all night long. God wasn't angry. In fact I think God appreciates it. Many leaders want their will obeyed. They don't want to hear someone else's advice and yet the Bible says, "In the council of many, is wisdom and safety."
Spirit Warriors take time to listen to the Holy Spirit. He can speak to your heart, through the Bible, through others, even through non believers. He wants to guide your path and only He will make you truly successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment