Thursday, September 16, 2010

A Spirit Warrior's Weapons are not carnal.

"For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh, for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses." (2 Corinthians 10:3-4)
Many times satan comes at us in our minds. Either he will work through other people or just bring temptations to us using anything available. Taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ is one of our weapons. When satan comes with an impure thought to our minds, we must bind it up and cast it from us. Now you may say, sure, I've tried that. But if we truly believe we are in this war and Jesus Christ has paid for the victory on Calvary, then we too have the victory and we must walk in that victory. Then begin to think on something good and of excellent report. Remember all the blessings that God has given us. I know. I use this all the time, when the devil or his demons come against me. I'm also getting better with the testimony of my life. I don't confess my failures, but proclaim my victories in Christ. I call those things into existance that are not seen.
One day my wife was very upset with me. We were working on the preparations for "An Evening of Prayer in Ramona," and satan attacked her. She was angry about something. I tried to explain to her what was happening, but she was bound up in her anger. I took authority over satan, but nothing happened. Then I remembered Psalms 149: 5 "Let the godly ones exult in glory; Let them sing for joy on their beds. Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, And a two edged sword in their hand, to execute vengence on the nations and punishment on the peoples, to bind their kings with chains and their nobles with fetters of iron, to execute on them the judgment written; this is an honor for all His godly ones, Praise the Lord."
Gently and quietly, I did just that. It was amazing. My wife instantly became calm. She began to realize what was happening. The enemy never wants to hear the praises of God. He wanted those praises for himself. Those praises also have power to bind him and they did. My wife was set free from the attack of the enemy against her mind by praises unto the most High God. That's why satan doesn't want you to go to church. He doesn't want to get you around others who are praising God. There is great power in corporate praise of the Almighty. God's Word says He will inhabit the praises of His people.
What a powerful weapon! What a testimony of our right standing in Him.
That day I witnessed a powerful miracle of God. My wife began to laugh and has never forgotten that day.
As a warrior of the Most High God, we have must use His weapons in this battle.
I'm finishing a new book called, COLORS OF THE NIGHT. It is an action packed novel. The main character uses the weapons of God's arsenal against the enemy. These weapons are mighty, divinely powerful for the destruction of the enemy's fortresses. Often we will be surrounded by the enemy, but if we know who we are in Christ and the weapons we have available, we will be victorious. Don't lose heart in the heat of the battle. Jesus Christ has already won the war. We are seated with Him in heavenly places and all rulers and principalities are under His feet. So use the weapons we have - the Sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God to fight the good fight of faith in the spirit realm. It's real and it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment